Life in motion.
Just because I haven’t updated in a while.
Went for Adrenalin on Friday – explicitly to watch Switchfoot (who were pretty awesome by the way) – and ended up thinking of where I was in life. I find I miss power praise and worship, and sometimes the quasi charismatic cum protestant side of my Catholicism rears its head.
I also realised that I missed leading that praise and worship. I want to be that person again, but I find myself second guessing my reasons for doing that. Last thing I want to do is to do something in God’s name while surreptitiously (or perhaps unconsciously) serving my own ends. Plus that approach is not as relevant to my current service circumstances, hence.
Weekend’s been pretty much work and work as always. It’s Father’s Day in Australia, ended up getting a $40 bottle of wine for the old man. My pocket hurts but he’s my Dad, and no matter how things are, my Dad’s always been a big part of my life.
Incidentally, all through the last couple of weeks, Charmaine has been making these ‘you’re getting ready to mate’ and ‘fatherhood’ related comments. I can’t help it, I like children, and I hope that maybe one day I’ll find that girl who I’ll start a family with. If I haven’t already met her.
I’d like to think I’ll make a good father someday.
Those comments also make me feel old.
No comments:
Post a Comment