Friday, 31 August 2007

Three.

Three brief things I want to say before bed:

(1) I saw a bloke today who looked like Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings. Seriously.

Imagine this: tall, slightly tanned old white fellow, long white beard and moustache, long white hair, slightly hooked nose, piercing blue eyes. Slap a robe and a staff on him and you can almost hear him yell, ‘You shall not pass!’

Too bad I didn’t have a camera.

(2) Happy Merdeka Day to all my Malaysian mates! Hope you have a good one!

(3) And finally to a friend of mine:

I believe in you even if you sometimes don’t believe in yourself. You’re a far stronger person than you give yourself credit for, and if you want to go it alone, that’s cool. I encourage you to; sometimes the best lessons are learned that way.

But if you need a sounding board or a listening ear, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I’ll be here for you. If you want someone to hold your hand when it gets dark, I’ll be here for you. If you need someone to walk with you, I’ll be here.

I might not be able to catch you when you fall, but God willing, I’ll be there to help you get up again. And that’s a promise.

No comments: