Saturday, 25 August 2007

Two inches.

I wish that things could be different
Wish things weren’t this way
That’s what I’d say
Trying to change myself
That’s what I’d do
Make things perfect for you
But you don’t seem to listen
Don’t seem to care
I’m a friend but not quite there
So close but still I am yearning
Two inches from you
What do I say, what do I do?
But I can’t figure it out
I can’t get the words out
Can’t seem to make it clear
How much you mean
How much I care
Wrapped in your shell
What do you feel?
Who makes you laugh?
Did I ever stand?
Might I be the one?
Did I have a chance?
If I could change one thing
It’ll be the things that I say
If I could be one thing
I’d be a better man
I know these laws of attraction
Aren’t really laws
They make no sense
I know your eye’s on another
Tell myself that’s fine
Still quietly regret
In this strange confusion
In this deadly profusion
Shake my inner illusions
What can I say
Make things okay
It’s not quite love that I feel
But it might get there
If you said you’d care
It’s like waiting for tomorrow
Not going to come
Got to grab it myself
If I still dare
Hold me closer in the midnight
Hold you to me in the starlight
This silent dance
Somehow must end
I’m still waiting on tomorrow
But it’s still yesterday

No comments: