Dreams.
I'm not exceedingly proud of this piece, it started out as a song and got a bit out of hand. Just think a vaguely blues-ish lilt to the whole thing. It sounds (musically) better in my mind than the words actually appear.
Dreams
Spending my effort trying
Trying to get a little closer to you
Can’t hide the tears I ain’t crying
Waiting for that ship to come in
Sails in from blue ocean
Into my harbour
Where I’ll always and forever love you
Spending all of my time trying
Trying to say these words to you
This message in a bottle
Slowly lost out there in the blue
Try to make it better
Try to sing a brand new song
But I find, I find I loved you all along
I don’t believe in waiting
Because waiting’s all I seem to do
The words that I’m writing
How do I get these words to you?
Sing it in a love song
But the chords don’t seem to belong
You were there, you where there to guide me home
You said to me that you’ve got dreams
But baby I’ve got dreams I want to spend
These walls I’ve created
Kept you away and now I see
That maybe it was me
In that crazy world confusion
You were the one, the one who could set me free
These words I’m rephrasing
Rephrasing, they’re not the same anymore
I’ve spent all my chances
But you didn’t seem to comprehend
And that something that I could never do
Was to get this through to you
Hope that one day, you will love me too
No comments:
Post a Comment