Thursday, 2 August 2007

Hey Bro: A conversation.

Hey Bro, it’s been a while

Hey Chris, how’s it going?

How have you been? What’s up with your life?

Same old, same old, you know the routine

I’m sorry, I’ve always meant to call and chat

Uh huh, you suck, you know that?

I know, I never have the time

But you’ve got time for other things! It’s okay, don’t fuss

I wish you wouldn’t be so forgiving though

No, really, it’s okay, I’ve gotten quite used to it by now

It’s not that okay, I probably don’t deserve it

Well, I forgive you anyway, deal with it

Did you hear the songs I did?

Trying to change the subject, are we?

Hope they were good

They could be better, plus I’ve heard them a million times before

What do you mean you’ve heard them before?

I just have?

That really is kind of deflating you know

Well, don’t sing other people’s songs, make it your own, sing a new one

Sing a new song? I’ll try

You can do it, I taught you how, remember?

It’s funny really, you’re always here when I need you

You know I’m always here

But it sucks that I always unload on you

Hey, half the world unloads on me

It’s not fair to you

I care, so it’s all good, really

I should really try to be a better person

You know what bugs me? All the times you say sorry and do it again anyway

Sorry, should really try and be a better guy

You think? Try not, DO

I know, I haven’t been all that good lately

That’s okay, I have faith in you

Falling into bad repetitive habits and all that

And whose fault is that?

It’s not my fault, or at least I don’t think so

Defensive now aren’t we? Don’t be so morose

Yes, I really should try and look on the lighter side

You always think the worst of things, it’s stupid, but you end up hurting yourself

Am I just lying to myself?

Are you? Only you would know

I don’t know really

Be honest

You know though, don’t you?

Unfortunately I do, doesn’t mean I’m going to tell you

You’re pretty sharp that way

Of course I am, but you’ve got to find out for yourself, that’s life

Hey, come on, tell me

Nope, self-discovery. Part of life and all that, you won’t grow if you take the easy way

Damn. You’re too big on the tough love, you know?

So I’ve been told

I’ve always wondered, what did I do

Do? To deserve a bloke like me?

Hey, quit finishing my sentences!

Yeah, habit. But you know I’m good

You’re a top bloke and I end up treating you like dirt sometimes

Oh yeah, tell me about it

It’s just hard to find meaning sometimes

Here we go again…

Take a little direction, make a little decision

You’ve got to figure it out for yourself you know

Where to go, what to do, who to do

Hey! Watch it buddy!

Okay, that last bit was uncalled for I know

You think? Have you learned nothing?

Bad sense of humour; my bad

Don’t shrug things off like that

What do you mean?

You always shrug things off, don’t

No better way to defuse a situation than a joke

And where has that got you? Hmm?

Nowhere really, hasn’t done any harm either, I think

Has it? You don’t know that

And I suppose you do?

Naturally, look, I’m not saying don’t joke, I’m saying be careful

Yeah, not everyone rolls with it

That’s what I mean, be careful, I might end up having someone dump on me because of what you did

Sorry, dude. But, they’d still do it anyway right?

Possibly, probably, doesn’t mean that YOU can’t be there instead of me

Hey, only human here!

So was I

Let’s not go there, it’s depressing sometimes

Doesn’t make it any less true

Hey, look, I got to run, keep in touch?

That’s up to you. You know I’m always going to be here

Yeah. I’m a shit friend

No you’re not, you’re a top bloke too, and someday you’ll see it

Get a beer sometime?

Nah. Can't, no new wine, remember?

You're such a stickler sometimes, you know?

Someone's got to be

Anyway, look, hate to cut out, but I got to run.

It's okay, go, someone needs you

How do you know that?

Just do. Go!

I should really introduce them to you, you know?

They already do know me, they have you

Awful responsibility there

It's cool. You'll do alright. Every breath you take, remember?

Yeah. All the way. Take care Bro

You too. I love you

I love you too Bro

No comments: