Life: It piles up.
I’m working at Rich Harvest again. A comfortable job to be sure, but a necessary evil in the journeys of a poor, struggling student. Things are starting to pile up, and conflicting responsibilities come very often to the fore. Even simple matters like which person to meet at which time suddenly become these little balancing acts.
I suddenly find myself occupied on a daily basis, with Sunday my only true day of rest. Unfortunately the folks seem to deem Sunday (being the sole day of rest) as abuse Chris to get things done around the house day.
So many readings left undone. So many words left unwritten. So many expectations to fulfil. So many people who mean enough to me that trying to satisfy them all is occasionally trying even though I truly want to be there for them. So many things large and small that require attention.
When life kicks in, instead of taking a step back and surveying the wreckage, I dive straight in.
I can’t even afford to pursue anything beyond the priorities of friends, schoolwork and money, in that order. I took a break from work today to have lunch with Charmaine, which was really strange. Lunch took about 40 minutes and I still felt as if I had barely sat down to eat. Had a good conversation, which probably is the reason behind time flying. Stayed back longer to cover up the time I took off though, so that’s all good.
Shot off to work after that. It’s ironic. I leave work… for work. At least the money is good though, and can help fuel my bad habit: buying random clothes. Well, at least summer is coming so I have to at least dress the part.
I have yet to get a new hoodie, and winter is almost over! I’m so screwed aren’t I?
Results section of the thesis MUST be done by early morning on Saturday. Otherwise there’ll be hell to pay.
No comments:
Post a Comment