Disappoint.
People disappoint you.
Today I was accused of being too nice to people, and maybe she is right. I am too nice to persons who don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt or the forty-seven millionth chance. I place my trust in someone to finish the job, and I get crap in return.
Maybe I’m not so nice. But my cynical streak hopes for the best while expecting the worst. Nor am I above not letting someone learn from their mistakes while compromising affairs which I hold important; sometimes I’d rather just execute a good job and leave that person to his or her own devices.
I believe you reap what you sow. If you have a bad attitude, if you make empty promises, if you assume that I’m always going to be around to give you a hand, then one day you will deal with the consequences when I’m no longer able to help you out.
So maybe being nice means that some people never learn their lessons. I honestly can’t definitively attest to the truth of that statement, although sometimes being nice can cause more long-term harm than good, and I suppose I have to accept that.
That being said, I wish people would just pull up their damned socks. I’m tired of giving the benefit of the doubt to people who continually disappoint me. I’m tired of caring for persons when it’s never appreciated. I’m just tired.
In essence I suppose I am nice, and that won’t change too much. I guess sometimes I wish I could stop being the ‘nice guy’ and start being someone’s ‘guy’. I don’t want to be the nice bloke who no one actually dates, or the best friend who’s close but never the boyfriend.
So tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment