Late for an important date.
I despise oversleeping, despite the delicious idea of lounging in bed for no reason other than ‘you can’. A few moments of extreme decadence before the world sets upon you with biting teeth and rending nail. I despise oversleeping because… it makes me late.
Was late for my World Youth Day meeting with Anita.
She’s got me a little fired up again about the possibility of making Sydney for WYD, despite the general apathy that surrounds me. I really want to go. Although I question, why is it that I really want to go? What is it that makes me want to go to Sydney for no apparent reason other than to hopefully experience God? And can’t I experience God in every little detail of my life?
If I can’t find within myself a convincing enough reason to go, then I fear I might not, despite the enthusiasm.
Was almost late for school today too.
Welcome back to the heady insanity of the school year. Welcome back to hell. Feels like you’ve never left. My sole consolation is spending the day with a couple of mates and basically doing not very much at all. Despite having only one class this semester, the pressure of the thesis is already mounting.
I worry for my friends who aren’t as far along on their respective papers as I am, and even though I’m acutely aware of the approaching deadline, I’ve been procrastinating about writing for the past week. Even so, a part of me wishes I could give a hand to those mates who are rather far back on their own papers.
Bought myself a new pair of track pants too, and spent the better part of an hour laughing quietly at Sarah while she contemplated a new pair of jeans. Only halfway through dinner did it dawn on me that I needed jeans for work too. Stupid me.
Have to get to school by 8:30 tomorrow morning, hopefully I don’t oversleep on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment