Saturday, 11 August 2007

Distraction.

It’s 00:58 on Saturday morning and I’m typing this from the learning common room in school. No, I did not head out. No, I did not even have a few beers. I’ve been camped out at this little table with research spread around me, churning out what little I can. So far I have managed to write approximately 1300 words for my thesis. Finally, progress!

I suppose I can blame Sarah who is manfully (womanfully?) working on her own thesis as I type this. I don’t think she has any idea that I am not doing any concrete work at the moment. She’s been whinging about not being motivated, but damnit, 7.5 hours and one methodology section later… She is a damn motivating factor even if she doesn’t feel motivated.

Had lunch with Charmaine and the boys today, although I didn’t actually eat anything. Ended up at Daryl’s flat playing more Magic. Somehow that boy brings out the inner geek in me, although there is only so much accusation of playing too many power cards one can take before just giving up on the whole affair.

Had my arse handed to me a few times, although by session’s end I gave as much as I got, which is not saying much since I was trying to tweak an old deck which I don’t even have the cards for anymore. I think some of my decks need a lot of fine-tuning. Oh to have the money and time to spend frivolously again.

Responsibility is a bitch sometimes.

I also devoutly wish that some people would stop being so damn pretty all the time; it’s just distracting. By which I mean the person sitting three feet away pecking away intently at her computer as I while away time.

No comments: