Friday, 17 August 2007

Longing.

I want to be here for you even though it seems quite impossible
Be there for you when you need a friend
Hold you close when you are close to tears
Laugh with you at journey’s end

A stronger emotion yet may exist
Though struggle and toil seem to increase
Though you would not consider this broken heart
Amidst the sea of your own affection

I want to hold your hand at night
Watch you silently as you gently sleep
In those dreams so safe and secure
Do you ever have a dream of me?

A stronger spirit I sense within
Yearning to be unshackled
A storyteller’s soul both at once shared
To change what fate with kinder word and hand

Decisions and difficulties must surmount
Circumstances to which to change
In another clime, another time
You are still perfect for me

And though this thing may never be
And what fools dreams may be ground to dust
A single truth to you I reveal
You inspire me even though you know it not

No comments: