Thursday, 2 August 2007

Hmm.

Stranger things have happened.

So Daryl's back in Australia with a pile of Magic: The Gathering cards. Made me dig out my old decks circa 1999 or thereabouts. I'm glad to say that my little baby still works like a charm, even if it is out of date next to these new fangled cards that I've never seen before.

(Throwing out a first turn Savannah Lion, followed by a second turn White Knight, third turn Savannah Lion and a Crusade still brings a smile to my heart)

Had chilli mussels. I think I'm going to swear off them for the next month or something. Think I'm coming down with a sore throat too, probably the chilli from the mussels which finally did it in.

(Yes Sarah, don't say 'I told you so'.)

I've just rocked home and found a new guitar sitting on my bed. Can't say much about the parents sometimes, but this time they've really pulled through. Wasn't asking for anything (and I'm still going to buy that Stratocaster come Dec), but this is a very pleasant surprise. I've got a Cort Earth 202. Say what you want about a Korean made guitar versus the old American standbys, this baby sounds GOOD.

Angel's kind of cute. She bought a guitar stand for the Cort. Thanks kiddo.

Two hours and some spare change to the 1/4 of a century. Maybe things are looking up.

No comments: