Friday, 14 September 2007

Worlds apart.

It’s strange, almost as if I live in two or three different worlds at the same time; and seeing someone else caught in that cusp. It makes you wonder. Like different parts of me need different people to express it through. Makes you wonder who you really are.

Makes you wonder how everyone else copes, how they survive and even thrive in a world where sometimes, collision just doesn’t work. Where sometimes people just don’t get along. Or worse, when you feel as if there’s a part of you inside that circle of friends that you might be embarrassed to let show.

A part of me feels sorry. A part of me wishes things could be so very different. I feel that pain and loss inside me too. That strange little angst, that yearning to above all: belong. That insecurity, even though I tend to hide it well under layers of random bumblingness and eccentricity, is still there. Some days I’ve learned to ignore it. Some days it’s stronger than others.

Call it the curse of trying to develop empathic understanding, that very often I do feel, and I do empathise, and I do understand. Sometimes who you really are is really exposed and developed through the relationships we live and love in.

Sometimes what we need and what be believe are worlds apart. Don't be.

This is for you.

Alicia's song.

She was in all things, a diamond in the rough
Unpolished, uncut, set aside for a later time
The water insufficient, the clarity too clouded
Cast aside like common stone, how little did we all know

They never looked inside, and thus they failed to see
Never hoped and never trusted in the chance for a maybe
Heart of deepest azure blue, wider than the farthest sky
Encompassing, loving, sapphire embrace

And these hands they took her from the rough
Called out and drew her from her seat of darkest soil
Adamant and ruby reflected that radiant glow
Dancing minarets in the fire’s ember light

Lost within each facet, lost in silent knowing wonder
And together the fairest diadem of greatest renown
Caressed by fires and scared by flame, beauty still retained
The greatest of tales told in the tiniest groove

She was in all things the most beautiful soul
The most beautiful soul ever seen or known or will be seen again
Imperfect, calloused, uncut, unknown
But the sum of her facets utterly beautiful all the same

No comments: