So Close.
Maybe thought we would dance this sweetness
Twirl out across the mahogany floor
Make the world stop if for one moment
You and I the greener starlit shore
Dreams and shades inconsequential
Cloying and confining the rose-petal romance
A heady bouquet no more substantial
Upon dust and ashes in your hand
Should feel something other than this dread
Cobwebs easily brushed away
Weathered boards surround my bedside
Here comes tomorrow to yesterday
Empty aching despite all conscious reason
Reigning over the beating crevasses
Unknown seems to be the season
Keenly felt empty promises
Wherever you are in your marble bliss
Citadel and stately halls
Though lips would taste not this kiss
Catch me not when I begin to fall
Maybe it’s time to keep some distance
Is there be a time to hold your hand
Do I take the path of least resistance
Screaming love songs in this head
The dance has now slowly ended
The choir chants it’s last refrain
There are the signs of cruel intention
Unspoken never heard again
This is the time to hear the coda
Opportunity I am to blame
Maybe the next time will be different
If next time ever comes again
No comments:
Post a Comment