Yellow Brick Road.
So I’ve tried to make my way
My way back home from yesterday
And I’ve tired to make a difference
Don’t want another way
In this world I fought and tried so hard
To be somebody else
I’m not, time to let go
It’s a struggle more than two can show
I think my life is much much more
Than things I’ve said and done
Think my time is worth much more
Than the distance I have run
I find I’m distancing
Myself because I needed nobody else
It’s cruel, this cold façade
The lies I’ve told to steel my heart
So guess it’s time to let myself
Fall and slip back into the night
Let go of all the hopes and dreams
That made me want to stay and fight
My sense of self was raped
By no other hand
The man who’s me can’t afford
On his own to stand
Goodbye self it’s been fun
But I’ve found somebody else
Live for me was just to hard
So long, farewell
All the time I thought I was
But I could never see
The man that could now has found
The way to be
Throw aside my sorrow
And my self-inflicted pain
Take hold of grace and rise
And start to live again
Oh no, don’t start, don’t try to hide
These feelings that lie deep inside
Living for myself is tiring
Time to live for more again
No comments:
Post a Comment