Streams in the wilderness.
We all go through the wilderness, those moments of trial and tribulation that shakes us to our very foundations. When we feel that we’ve come to the edge of ourselves and are about to plunge into the gaping maw of the abyss.
Imagine yourself in the outback. Dry red sand for miles. Nothing. No water. No life. A vast scorching emptiness where no man can hope to survive. Yet once in a long while, it rains in that desert, and all of a sudden, that vast emptiness springs to life.
Have you seen the outback after the rain? Flowers bloom. What seemed like a vast nothingness suddenly becomes a sea of grass and flowers. Even the weeds are pretty.
Same with the wilderness in our lives. That barren emptiness that longs to be filled. I say to you: streams will rush into that desert like a great crashing wave upon the outback of life. Flowers will bloom. Grass will grow. The hills will resound with the blast of joyous trumpets. The lion will lie down with the deer.
I believe that sometimes God takes us into the wilderness. We have but two choices, to either walk that journey with Him, in sure hope and trust, or we can choose to try and ignore that wilderness around us. Thing is, in that wilderness, in that parched dry earth of your life, that’s where you can spend the greatest amount of time being with God.
Forty days in the desert and the devil came to tempt Jesus, so to will the devil come and tempt us. With distraction and obfuscation, he sets upon us, tempting and coercing with promises of half-truths, carefully orchestrated justifications and even apparent good works.
Soon the rains cease and the outback returns to its parched nature. But not with God. With God there is always a spring. A font of living water there for all who thirst. A well that will never run dry. A source of hope in a world gone dry.
I called to the hills, and received a flood.
When you come to the edge of who you are. That's where God takes over.
Who am I? A person with many routes to take. Regrets in life. A past. A future. Maybe I’m a little morose at times. Maybe I’m a little irreverent. A little crazy. A little too obliging. I’m me. And I’m going to make a difference someday. I’m going to make a difference in your life today. Just watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment