Sunday, 14 October 2007

Getting there.

Just an update on my life, in lieu of me actually having thoughts of any consequence

Thesis status is in the midst of re-writing. Admittedly my third draft was rather confusing if you don’t have a grasp of the concepts involved, necessitating an almost complete re-write of the major sections. It’s a dumbing down that’s necessary for the purposes of marking. There’s still the faint hope that I might make publication.

On another hand, if I come up with a word to describe these effects that I’ve found (the phenomenon is currently unnamed) I’d be the first person in published history to do so, which is kind of cool.

Had a general meeting of sorts (essentially the usual faces with David, another alumnus, and a couple of extra persons, including someone from CTK back home). Nothing of any consequence happened.

I sort of like the idea that David is ‘leaving’. He hasn’t been around to be present within the group anyway. Conversely, responsibility is more ‘official’ now, so it’s Damocles’ Sword. Maybe now Char can try and do things the way she’s wanted to do them for a while.

Played DotA for the first time in 4-odd years. Got killed by lag. Damn lag.

Cooked a lasagna and had the boys (and girl) over for dinner yesterday, so that was a nice slice of normalcy and casualness reminiscent of days of old. I miss the times when we’d rock over to Poon’s place and assault his Playstation and just sit around and hang out. I think I’m a nice zone with all the fellows now, which is great.

I’m not sure whether I’m supposed to feel awkward now that Shawn and Char have gotten together (I don’t). Sadly, I don’t miss Di as much as I miss having someone there. Amelia’s coming in 5 weeks! Academic responsibility ends in 2 weeks!

All I need to do is make it, but sometimes you can’t make in on your own. Or you’re so tired of doing it that way that you don’t want to.

No comments: