Obedience?
A: don't you think that sometimes we just go 'what will be is god's will' and forget that god gave us the freedom to make our own choices as well? therefore relinquishing personal responsibility by claiming that we’re ‘listening to the divine plan’?
B: He gave us free will but at the same time... We can also choose to be obedient. The taking responsibility is when we take responsibility in being obedient.
A: i meant in us 'hiding' from personal responsibility and being proactive by saying 'it's god's will', and using that to justify apathy. that's not so much a surrender to god's will as much as it is just us trying to hide from it. isn't it?
B: That's where the real test is right? It's a war between you knowing what you can do and what you should do after consulting God. Maybe things that happen are God’s way of giving you a ‘sign’.
A: or an ad hoc justification designed to make yourself feel better.
B: That’s the mortal talking. Have you prayed over it and listen instead of telling God how much you desire the best situation you think you wanted? Now the free will comes in... Even if I don’t like the answer, I'd face the answer and proudly say that God showed me what I should, have and can do.
A: so how do you know the difference?
B: I don’t know.
No comments:
Post a Comment