No. Regret.
Someone just seriously pissed me off, and it wasn’t just because of what she did, or is doing, but because of who she is. I don’t like to feel this way about people, but I find that sometimes I do. Apathy and sheer disinterest in life just rile me.
It seems as if some people refuse to take responsibility in life; perennially playing the victim, or the misunderstood, or the unable to move due to life circumstances. These same people always seem to have a need to justify every action they take. It’s almost a defensive reaction. Some people, I feel, are undeserving of the life they’re given.
I find that some voluntarily wallow in the vicious cycles within which they embed themselves. These same persons then rage against the walls of such cycles, assigning blame and cursing the social processes which create them.
I believe every man plays a part in the creation of his own suffering. Indeed, we are oft willing participants in a cycle of pain, and use that pain to justify apathy, justify not living, not loving... A quiet acquiescence to the status quo, thereby perpetuating our own self-subjugation.
It also plays some part in my life. The fears, the concerns, the things which stop me from moving, from experiencing life in the fibres of my being.
But that doesn’t mean I will stop fighting. Until the day that I leave this green firmament I will keep on fighting, challenging myself; because that’s life, and I’ll be damned if I don’t use that one gift to it’s maximum.
I find I haven’t the heart to be angry at her for too long. If I could only do something! But I can’t. That kind of change comes from the exercise of free will, and the burning desire to live.
It’s your life, rise up and live it.
No comments:
Post a Comment