Let. Me. Feel.
If I feel hurt, you rationalise it. If I feel anything, you rationalise it. You rationalise me. I don’t need someone telling me how or what I should feel. I don’t need someone telling me that my feelings are stupid, or illogical, or whatever. Emotions are emotions. They happen. Regardless of how much we try to contain them within the walls of rationality.
It doesn’t make them any less real. Or the experience any less painful.
Yes, I can be logical. But can you let me experience that pain before the logic? It’s a momentary thing, a few seconds before the brain kicks in. Stop imposing your cynicism on me.
I hate it that you always have to be right. That to you, you way is the only way. That I’m somehow weak because I react the way I do, because I believe that everyone deserves another chance.
I put up with you sometimes because I know that that is how you need to be. Because I know that enough people have left you that you're jaded. I’m tired of getting put down just so that you can think that you’re above it all. I’m not going to be another jaded soul that validates your life views.
You don’t understand me. You never have. You don’t know what it’s like to love somebody and never have that person love you back. You don’t know what it’s like to feel at once happy and sad when they tell you they love someone else.
Do you know why? Because you drive people away. Because you don’t bother to be nice. Because with you, everyone is judged and labelled. Because it’s always in your head and never in your heart. Because you always tell people what to do. And belittle them in a hundred little ways just by being you.
Every time you need a hug, I'm here. Every time I need a hug, you tell me to grow a spine. I’m tired. For a three seconds I told you that I felt hurt, and instead of being understanding, you turned it in on me like I should be ashamed of feeling hurt.
It’s only for your sake that I’m still here for you.
1 comment:
I acknowledge this was me this post was directed at. unfortunately that might be presumptuous isn't it? maybe what was evoked then was you just post rationalising it too? perhaps it wasn't what was implied, but maybe you thought so because you were second guessing yourself? I understand things are dealt in different ways, but if you'd like to indirectly launch an attack... that's fine too. But that was just me not understanding certain ways human beings react too.
do I feel like an arse? maybe, maybe not... did I intend to make you feel ashamed of your feelings? definitely not. Do I apologise? yes... Can you delete this if you want to? yes, and I won't feel offended...
Post a Comment