Monday, 29 October 2007

Change.

I think there’s a distinct ebb and flow in every relationship. A point where sometimes things occur; distance created, distance bridged. Sometimes you can predict those changes in that relationship pattern, sometimes the signs slip by you. Sometimes those changes force you to size up that relationship.

Dynamics change all the time, sometimes we change with them.

I don’t know. There’s a certain something in me that’s changed, and I can’t put my finger on it. Something different. Something not so familiar.

Thing is, I find I experience my sense of self (and very often, self-worth) through the relationships I engage in. Somehow, that has changed. A few significant relationship dynamics in my life have somehow changed simultaneously. If it were one, I’d say maybe it was an isolated incident, but this is more than one.

So, looks like it’s a journey into the dark unknown, eh? Sense of being adrift. Time to make some new waves.

I like it.

No comments: