Tuesday, 27 November 2007

Roadtrip: Day Two

Woke up this morning feeling a lot better about everything. Not getting that shot is a minor setback in retrospect, partly because I am admittedly more counselling-focused than I am psychology-focused, and partly because I have everything else that I set out to accomplish at this point in life.

If the plan was to somehow scrape through a basic psychology degree, I’ve already exceeded that. Who knew that I was of straight distinction calibre? I wouldn’t have thought that I’d be able to do honours, let alone dream about doing masters. So if I’ve got to wait another year before I can re-apply for masters, what’s a year?

I’m twenty-five, a fresh graduate, hold a good academic record, and have a half decent head on my shoulders, and have people who love me, that’s where a lot of people want to be; and just because I faltered at the last step doesn’t mean jack.

Experience at the moment is probably the most practical and valuable step, so let’s see what the world has to offer out there.

Going to head out of Albany in about an hour, and slowly make our way to Margaret River. It’s just a bit chilly, but I appreciate the clouds right now. It’s far better than wide-open skies with the sun beating on your back. Summer can’t come here slow enough.

No comments: