Sunday, 4 November 2007

Knackered.

I’m knackered. A nine-hour shift at work with a full-on event is absurdly tiring. Maybe the fact that I did down about a good bottle and a half of different wines (in the name of sampling) over the course of work has something to do with it. Being free of academic responsibility means more work-based demands (and I really can’t give a fuck about work anymore).

Being free means being expected to be at the family’s damn beck and call, chauffeur people around and basically do odd jobs that no one else can be stuffed to do. Plus the mother is no longer working, meaning that she will be around to ‘suggest’ that I do things for her or the household that I can’t be fucked to do.

I have a near Pavlovian response to my mother’s voice; it just irritates me. I’ve come to the conclusion that I need the mother to stay out of my life. It gets to the point where she will call me from overseas and I automatically get pissed off at the fact that she’s calling. I for one don’t like getting angry, but my mother has a talent for making me angry just by speaking. Overhearing her voice pisses me off.

In a nutshell, my mum’s a fucking pain in the arse and I do sincerely wish that she would have fucking left when she threatened to leave the family (a yearly occurrence; it happens enough times that I don’t give a fuck anymore).

So what am I supposed to do? I am too tired to work, too stuck in academic limbo to do anything, no one to hang around with because of the exams, and I certainly don’t want to stay at home.

Fuck it. Give me another damn thesis to do.

No comments: