Circumstances.
We are all slaves to life in its cacophony, doomed to drink in the fruits of each season, leaves caught on an errant zephyr. Sometimes life demands that we step up and be counted, sometimes life demands that we fight.
This is a battle with no boundaries; no set limitations; no foreordained winners. There are no winners or losers in this fight, nor are there set ways to contest it. Every man must choose his path, his weapons of war, and rise up to meet the path that rises up to meet him. Some will fall, others falter, some still will change paths in mid-stride, some pathways lead to crossroads. But all paths lead home.
I have been called a wuss. Mayhap that is what I am. How I present myself. Pacifistic, unassuming, overly cautious. I am also its polar opposite, just that I choose not to be. It is more palatable to be loved for being the silken cloth rather than the iron hammer; and I can be both.
I know what I want, and I don’t suffer fools gladly. Life can toss whatever it wants at me. I can take it, and I can beat it.
You don't have to wait for opportunity, you can make opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment