Tuesday, 20 November 2007

Getting there.

Had my interview for entry to Psychology Masters today. It was surprisingly less difficult than I thought it would be, but still a little stressful. Given that I’ve made it through the first round of cuts, at least I should be in some kind of semi-decent standing. As it stands, there are about forty persons jostling for fifteen spots. Not very reassuring.

I suppose I can count on my usual luck of getting what I want, but this time the odds seem too stacked against me. Too many variables to consider. If I don’t get in, it’s the ‘real world’ for me, and I’m not sure whether I want to face it just yet.

First I’ll need to find myself a job.

Had salad for lunch today, which got me a few weird looks, although true to form, the salad was followed by beer, just in case anyone thought that I have gotten soft in my old age. It was too beautiful a day to go to work. I wish I were half as free as everyone around me seems to be.

I want to spend a day just lying in the sun, doing silly things, and just sharing time and conversation with good friends. Is that too hard to ask?

No comments: