Top 10 random song moments.
I probably read too much into songs and lyrics. Certain songs jump out at you though, and I somehow find that they jump out at the most irritatingly weird times, or at the strangest moments.
It’s like my life has a soundtrack and they play the accompanying music at the appropriate times. Or sometimes when you’re in a bit of a funk, all of a sudden here comes this great song and everything’s alright.
I really should stop obsessively listening to lyrics hey?
Here goes, top 10 songs which happened to leap out at me in the course of my life (in no particular order). Note that I have absolutely no control over the song playing. iTunes has a mind of it’s own. Or the radio does.
1. Creed ‘Higher’ – played while I was making out with the then girlfriend.
2. The Rolling Stones ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ – played on the radio when I tried to purchase some beer and realised that they didn’t carry it anymore.
3. Goo Goo Dolls ‘Iris’ – played when I was talking about relationships with someone who wasn’t aware that I was very fond of her.
4. Matchbox Twenty ‘Bed of Lies’ – played when I found out that this girl who I thought liked me was just playing me to get my assistance on her school work.
5. Five for Fighting ‘Superman’ – played while I had this really serious conversation with a buddy of mine about how we both seem to never get the girl because we’re both too good a friend to chicks.
6. Paul McCartney ‘Live and Let Die’ – played when I was driving home from a friend’s place after he seriously let me down.
7. James Blunt ‘Goodbye My Lover’ – first song on my random playlist queue when I got on the plane to come back to Perth after spending summer in Singapore, specifically with someone, of course.
8. Lene Marlin ‘Maybe I’ll Go’ – played on the radio while I was having the conversation that preceded my break-up with then girlfriend.
9. Radiohead ‘Paranoid Android’ – was playing when I told someone I liked her but wasn’t going to pursue it, she shut me out directly after and refused to have anything to do with me.
10. U2 'Miss Sarajevo’ – played when I decided to keep my options open.
Someone once told me that when she couldn’t get the words out, she’d use songs and hopefully that fellow would catch on. Somehow some words just seem more right when set to music. Or maybe I’m a sentimental fool. Here’s hoping someone catches on.
And I don’t know how to pray anymore,
and in love I don’t know how to hope anymore,
and for that love I don’t know how to wait anymore.
- U2 ‘Miss Sarajevo’
And here’s hoping someone else catches on.
And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
- Goo Goo Dolls ‘Iris’
No comments:
Post a Comment