Time and tide.
George Bernard Shaw once wrote, “Alcohol is a very necessary article... It makes life bearable to millions of people who could not endure their existence if they were quite sober. It enables Parliament to do things at eleven at night that no sane person would do at eleven in the morning.”
So therefore, I’ve decided to redefine irony. I rocked up for a responsible service of alcohol course… hung over.
I blame Mel’s going away shindig, and I blame Mitch’s homemade tequila. Admittedly I won’t be seeing much of Mel anymore since she’s gotten herself a real job as an assistant editor for a magazine, unless the rest of us poor university creatures, so maybe the one or five drinks too many is vaguely justifiable.
In the process I also found out that Dan tried to hit on a midget... at a gay bar.
Albert Einstein once said, “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”
Danny, my dearest self-professed hippy boy, what on God’s green earth were you thinking?
In other news, the thesis’ data analysis has gotten off to a good start. I’ve managed to replicate some of the findings of last year’s thesis group, although some effects have fallen off after controlling for valence. Upshoot is we now have some pretty solid evidence against prevailing norms for dehumanisation research, and breaking new ground is always kind of fun.
Still freaking out a bit because there’s barely three weeks of winter break left to go before term starts again, and I haven’t gotten anything written for the thesis. I intend to start next Monday with the methodology section, or once I get the bulk of my data analysis out of the way.
Time and tide, baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment