Clarification.
Just to clarify a few issues which have been raised on this little corner of the internet over the last couple of weeks. No, I’m not being defensive, nor am I trying to obfuscate matters, I’m just setting the record straight.
With regards to the pretentious and often horribly bad poems and songs which may be posted on this site, please be aware that they are not always pertinent to me, and are very likely a collection of different ideas, different elements of my life, different elements of other people’s lives and so on, coupled with a good measure of creative licence. They are not always relevant to my present circumstances.
I’m certain some of you may recall a song, ‘Jess’, which I wrote some months back about attempting to reconcile with a cheating girlfriend. That song wasn’t about me, but rather was about a friend’s ex-girlfriend, as some of you eventually discovered.
Also, I do realise that I am occasionally vague with names and persons. Please don’t assume that I am automatically talking about you, especially if the shoe happens to fit. I don’t wish to belittle anyone’s experience, but in mine, I’ve found that very often, similar circumstances tend to occur to different people. Just because I tattle on about someone, or something, does not necessarily mean it’s you, the reader, who is implicated.
In fact, more often than not, the persons I tend to speak about, or muse about, or reflect upon, never read this space, or are blissfully ignorant of its existence.
For example, to the best of my knowledge, Diane is unaware I maintain this space.
If you seek clarification, please just ask, don’t jump to conclusions, or make accusations, I’ve had enough of that over the last week. The last thing I want is for someone to feel hurt or distrustful, or any of a hundred myriad emotions as a result of this little space.
But seriously, thanks for caring enough to accuse, jump to conclusions, and be affected in some way. Thanks for caring enough to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment