Shadowmoor Prerelease.
Went for the Magic the Gathering Shadowmoor pre-release tournament today with Joe. Was a pretty good day actually, I piloted a mono-black/blue hybrid deck to six wins, a draw and a loss in eight rounds, and made top three.
I guess the bottom line for me is that I like winning. And I like beating the opposition given all kinds of highly variable odds. Success is like a drug, and tasting it always leaves me wanting more.
That extends to other things in life as well, not just Magic. I like winning. And I like to succeed and accomplish things (preferably things that are measurable).
On one hand, it’s always hard to consistently win. Doesn’t stop you from trying though.
For the vaguely curious (although I doubt most readers will grasp anything of what I say), my deck ran as follows:
Lands (18)
17 x Swamp
1 x Leechridden Swamp
Creatures (13)
1 x Oona, Queen of the Fae
1 x Midnight Banshee
1 x Ghastlord of the Fugue
1 x Painter’s Servant
2 x Crowd of Cinders
2 x Gravelgill Duo
1 x Cinderbones
1 x Faerie Macabre
1 x Loch Korrigan
1 x Oona’s Gatewarden
1 x Windgrattle Scarecrow
Other Spells (9)
1 x Wound Reflection
1 x Helm of the Ghastlord
2 x Corrupt
1 x Rite of Consumption
2 x Gloomlance
1 x Memory Sluice
1 x Torpor Dust
It’s pretty self-explanatory to the average Magic player. Lots of evasion, some removal, powerful creatures, and the ability to chase two separate win conditions at the same time. I faced a lot of red/green aggressive decks and a good number of red/black and some white/green. All in all, aggression seems to be the order of the day. Very much unlike this deck, which really only gets started in the mid-game and builds to an overwhelming finish.
Anyway, to all those blokes out there playing pre-release tournaments this weekend, best of luck!
1 comment:
Oh my lord, those are some AWESOME on-color bombs you opened there :D Grats to your T3
Post a Comment