Get off my fucking back or I WILL kill you.
I am fucking tired of people saying ‘you’re a fucking psychologist, you should be ________’ or ‘what kind of psychologist are you if you are ________’ or any one of a hundred fucking snipes made at me because of my field of study.
Get this fucking through all your fucking heads, I’M NOT A PSYCHOLOGIST. I’m not even remotely near it. I’m a fucking normal graduate with a normal degree that doesn’t do fucking jack. I don’t have all the fucking answers in the world. Having done psychology doesn’t make me any more of a fucking angel or give me any more insight into things.
If THIS is the fucking response and snipes that I get from all of you fuckers out there, then I am NOT going to pursue psychology. Saves me the aggravation.
But you’re never going to let it go, are you? You’ll go on about how I’ve wasted my communications diploma, how I’ve wasted my life, how I waste my time dating those girls you don’t like, how I am wasting my time now because I’m not in school, how I’m not bloody good enough because I could not get into masters, or because I can’t get a job.
And every time I hear the ‘you’re a psychologist’ line, it demoralises me even more. It pisses me off even more. It makes me feel that I HAVE wasted my time. And you just want to be right, isn’t it? Just lord it over me. Make me feel guilty. Make me feel indebted. Make me do what you want.
I’m done feeling guilty. In fact, I’m not guilty that I am this pissed off, even though you’ve drilled it into me for the last twenty-six years that anger is bad and should be ashamed of.
For fuck’s sake! Every time I get pissed off, every time I make a bad judgment call, every time I don’t think ahead, every time I do anything that’s not fucking perfect by YOUR estimation, you pull out the fucking psychology card. I already get pissed off at you and you just go and make things worse.
I walk away from an argument and you keep on at it. I shut up and walk away and you continue yelling at me. You think that doesn’t make me even MORE pissed off? Since you like hurting me so much, then I’m just going to hurt you back.
You think I ENJOY getting pissed off all the time? You think I LIKE having my life choices dissed? You think I WANT to deal with your goddamn shit or listen to you complain about everything and anything?
I just got so angry I blanked out. Thank you Mother, for all the wonderful things you’ve done for me in my life. Oh, and by the way, don’t expect me to be the dutiful son. I’m only sticking around because I happen to like my Dad a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment