The Distance.
Char's going to go back to Kuching over winter break. I'm happy for her, it's a great thing to be able to finally go home after so long. At the same time, I'm going to miss her because she's going to be gone for around a month. A month is a long long time without her.
She's invited me along to Kuching at the end of the year, and I'd really like to go. I've never been to East Malaysia, so it'll be an eye-opener. Plus it's where she grew up, and having an eye into that will be fascinating.
Chances are I'll probably end up seeing Kuching through a Char-tinted lens. Which isn't all that bad really. It is her hometown after all.
My folks are talking about spending Christmas in Singapore with the grandmother, before maybe going off to Vietnam for a family holiday. Firstly, I'm completely uninterested in going to Vietnam. Secondly, I'm worried that the family cannot afford to do something like that. Thirdly, it'll probably clash with me going to Kuching with Char at the end of the year.
I can always visit Kuching after Vietnam... but the money situation isn't all that favourable right now, and I doubt I can pull that off financially.
Additionally, depending on my job situation and whether I get into Masters, things will be very variable. In an ideal world, I'll get back into school and that's the end of that. But if I don't, working life is always good. I just need to find that right job.
I've applied for a job that will let me work towards accreditation, so hopefully they can have me on board. That'll be at least two years of work before going back to school though. I might not graduate until 2012! That's a scary thought.
Then again, who knows what the future holds?
No comments:
Post a Comment