Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Kirsten Bell wasn't naked. Boo!

Had a pretty busy day yesterday. Woke up and did some constructive job-hunting, read a bit, then went down to the city with Joe and Daryl to pick up something for Shawn’s birthday. We ended up going to the Hungry Jack’s (I still don’t understand, Burger King is such a good name!) along Stirling Highway to grab a bite, wile away time, and play a round or three of Magic.

Got home, had a brief dinner, then went to watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall with Char. Yeah, it doesn’t sound like much of a date movie, but (1) it has Kirsten Bell, who I’ve always enjoyed watching since her Veronica Mars days, (2) it has gratuitous (and very funny) sexual connotations, and (3) nudity in the first five minutes. What’s not to like?

Okay, so it’s still not a date movie, and I digress, but it’s still better than the shithouse flick that is Date Movie!

Went for dinner in Northbridge after, resuming the great Perth-wide wonton noodle hunt. Note to self: DO NOT eat wonton noodle at Uncle Billy’s again. The pork trotters were okay, but got a little too much after a while. I miss the herbal pork trotters from back home.

Went over to Shawn’s place bearing gifts (ie: bubble tea), and got treated to about 10 minutes of awkwardness between Char and Shawn, before executing my perfectly pre-planned escape plan… of passing the extra cup of bubble tea to Mingyang.

(I’m sorry bro, but as much as I DO do nice things for you now and again, there was an ulterior motive)

Got home at about 1 in the morning. All in all a pretty pleasant day, I must say. I need to do stuff like that more often. And I got to spend the better part of an evening with Char too! :p

No comments: