Tuesday, 8 April 2008

080408: Random updates.

Headed to town yesterday because Joe was helping out some Russian fellows with an internet game. Popped into Rigby’s Bar, found the chick in question (with the help of a photograph naturally, it’s not like us boys are going to start randomly chatting up every Russian-looking chick!), and got some code from her. All in all one heck of a random excursion.

Had dinner at Char's and it was really good! I really like how we do these little nice things like cook dinner and the like. It’s very comfortable somehow.

Went for karaoke with Char, Joe, Mabe and Calvin after. I conclude that (1) I really can’t sing, and (2) I can still read Chinese. I actually managed to belt out Chinese tunes, who knew? Even more random: I actually know some of the Chinese songs Joe picked. Chris and Chinese music? Eh? Never saw that one.

Talked with Joe about starting up a comic/hobby store. I’m thinking American and local comics, together with Japanese manga, and stuff like Magic and D&D and the like. It’ll be awesome, and I’d love to do that. Just not very respectable is it? Telling your prospective in-laws (or parents!) that you run a gaming store is a bit… difficult. Nice dream though.

Speaking of prospective in-laws, since Char’s folks left, she’s had to take care of her brother. We’ve barely gone out by ourselves in a while. It’s a little tiring to hear ‘I can’t do that because I have to take care of my brother’ or ‘then Bryan how?’ Bryan’s a good kid, but I wish he didn’t tag along everywhere. We haven’t really gone out, and I do miss that.

No comments: