Mussel surprise.
I love surprises. But more than that, I love surprising people. Seriously, the look on Char’s face when we surprised her was priceless. She quasi-obliviously walked past everyone before going ‘AHHH!’. Oh. So priceless… and ironic.
Char was saying earlier in the week that no one had really thrown her a surprise party for a while, and honestly, it was hard to keep a straight face. Irony is a funny little thing, and it seriously tickled me.
Dinner was at the Mussel Bar in Freo. Food and ambiance were excellent. We had a table facing the ocean and another one of those glorious Perth sunsets when the sky turns orange and purple. Just beautiful.
Food was quite fusion. I had a lovely slab of medium rare seared salmon sitting on a bed of noodles and crunchy greens drizzled with a tangy-salty sauce, which complimented the delicate salmon flavours beautifully. The salmon itself can only be described as perfect.
There’s a very interesting blend of flavours in every dish, which makes this place quite interesting and flavoursome. We shared a tasting platter (truly interesting blend of flavours and textures) and mussels (yum).
Sunset, sea, good food, great company… Perfect.
Char enjoyed herself, which is the main focus of everything. I really don’t think she expected anything at all, which makes the evening that little bit more magical.
Happy Birthday Char. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment