An Australian CNY
Nothing happened.
Day one:
Dragged my lazy arse to work. Met Char and her Mum briefly for lunch (but I didn’t eat because stupid me left my cash in my other pants), and went to Kardy Park to walk around and kill time.
Bought some roast meat and stuff from Yummy BBQ. Can I just say, the meat chopping guy has no skill whatsoever. Really. He sucks so bad, is so slow, and so blur, I feel sorry for the guys who employ him. To top it off, the duck wasn’t very good either. Damnation.
Met Char after for coffee, and we drove to Oriel in Subiaco. Nice little place really, I kinda like it. In fact, I highly recommend it. There's a nice ambiance. Wished her Happy Birthday again, and drove to King’s Park for a bit before going home and feeding her the birthday cake I bought for her.
Oh well.
Day Two:
Sat around and bummed. Worked on Epiphany a bit. All I need now are for the articles to come in and I can lay them out. Had dinner, then went shopping with Char in Harbourtown. We ended up buying the same black Superman shirt, which is awfully cool!
Met Kim and some of her friends for drinks at the bar at the Hyatt, then randomly drove around town by night and just watched people by streetlight (I know, gaslight is so much more poetic, but we’re being honest here!). Ended up at a different part of King’s Park with milkshakes in hand, different view though!
I really like days like these. Just sitting and watching the world go by, holding that special someone. It’s peaceful. Very peaceful.
No comments:
Post a Comment