If I stand.
Here I stand, the sum of my parts and experiences. I am larger than those parts, greater than the things which birthed me. Man may be the result of circumstances, but man also rises above those circumstances.
Here I stand, humbled by the kindness of those who love me. Humbled because you love me, and because You love me. Humbled by the depth and breadth of your love, and Your love.
You love me enough to tell me the truth, to let me experience that pain, to experience those things that I don’t want to face. You let me be, let me have strength and faith in myself. You trust me to do the right thing, to take the right stand. You let me fall, and only then do you pick me up. You don’t coddle me, but take the time to hold me when I need to be held. You affirm me every day. You make me believe. You are my belief. You help me grow. You push me to stand when I don’t want to.
Here I stand, and it’s all because of you, and You.
I’m grateful. More grateful than I have words to say. I love you, and You.
Post Scriptum: And I have suddenly come to realise. Because of you, and You... I have the strength enough to love me.
No comments:
Post a Comment