Jobs (no, not Steve).
One of the problems with living in a weird between-education-limbo is how to best spend your time over the year. After all, a decent educational qualification (and I suppose 1st class honours is decent) should get me through to the interview stages; and with a little bit of experience and hard work (and knowing what the interviewers want out of me), a psych Masters should be attainable.
Barring all else, I am a shoo-in for a counselling masters, which will be my back-up plan if I fall at the psych masters hurdle again.
But how do I spend my time this year? Natalie Jackson just contacted me to do a couple classes for her next term. If I do take that up, it’s a 5-month commitment, and I won’t be able to go full-time until June. And even if I do go full-time after that, it’s not entirely appropriate to get a full-time job for only 6 months before leaving again.
If only the other jobs I’ve applied for would get back to me!
I think what I’ll probably do is take those classes, and go find some other part-time work in the field. There’s that research assistant spot that opens up in March after all. Barring all else (and this is by no means a last resort), I really should volunteer at one of the various agencies around Perth. Even if it’s just for a few dollars more, it should keep me in decent stead, give a little experience, and keep me clothed at the very least.
A year worth of part-time work a various jobs across Perth? I suppose I could do worse. Plus it gives me that little extra time to spend with Charmaine too. That’s always a very nice bonus.
No comments:
Post a Comment