In review.
Without any further ado, 2007 in review.
I’ve made an effort to get to know more people, which is great because it’s gotten me to places where my normal quasi-morose loner self would probably not have gotten. I’m trying to not get too comfortable with the cliques I’ve entered or created and try to at least expand those social horizons. It’s a challenge, partly because I’m not used to it, but I want to try.
I’ve broken up with a girlfriend who wasn’t very much of a girlfriend, and I’ve gotten together with someone who’s everything I need in my life. I wish I could find the words to express how I feel. At once a sense of relief at ending a dragged out non-relationship, and a sense of extreme happiness at entering another one with someone who actually loves me back. it’s going to be one hell of a journey; in a good way, naturally.
I’ve finished an honours degree in psychology, which is awfully cool and a lot less challenging than I actually thought it would be. Not that it wasn’t hard, but rather that it was easier than I thought it would be. I must confess I didn’t work as hard as I would have liked, and that may or may not have spoiled things academically for me. I’m still waiting on an answer.
I think I’ve gotten calmer and more relaxed over this year. The temper’s not as hot as it used to be, and I actually think before I act or say something. Which is probably good for me. I think I’ve gotten a little better at listening to people too.
I’ve pretty much accomplished what I’ve wanted to this year. Except for getting into masters, there really hasn’t been any major setback that hasn’t been circumvented. I’m in a good relationship with a good friend, I’m going to start job hunting, I’ve got a brief holiday in Singapore lined up, family’s good. It’s been surprisingly good, and 2008 doesn’t look to be all that bad either.
No comments:
Post a Comment