Sunday, 6 January 2008

Hopes and expectations.

I’m slightly disappointed. Sometimes despite your best intentions, some people second guess you, and assume deceit when none truly exists. I don’t particularly like to be accused of pretending to not care when I do care. I dislike being labelled as the villain when in truth, there are no villains. Fair is fair, and sometimes people can be militantly unfair.

There’s invariably a double standard whereby a course of action is wrong only insofar as it is not performed by the self. Whereby it’s socially unacceptable only when others do it.

I like to believe that actions back words. Yet I am often reminded that most never practice what they presume to preach. It’s not enough to profess a belief or to proclaim innocence from the high towers; I need to see the hard facts, to evaluate the evidence. I don’t wish to continue anywhere with expectations that may be proved false.

No comments: