World in motion.
I need to get back. Never mind the sheer stupidity of it. Never mind the fact that I haven’t seen some people in a while. The situation has changed. I need to get back. I need to get back as soon as humanly possible.
I met Mingyang and Angeline, and later Poon, Cheryl and Jeremy Norfor. In between I’ve also been told explicitly to stay in Singapore and not rush back. Sorry Char, I can’t do that. I can’t enjoy myself knowing that maybe your family will be giving you extra grief. I can’t hang around comfortably knowing that you might need a hug, or someone to just be there in spite of everything.
I'm so so sorry, Char.
I know you will feel awkward and a little embarrassed. I’m sorry. But I am coming home as soon as I can. Flight’s been changed, I’m on the next available flight out. Don’t try to dissuade me because it’s already done. I’m coming home. I’ll see you soon. I’m sorry if I care too much, or love you too much, but point is, I do. And if anything happens, I want you to know that I will drop everything and come to you, no matter what it takes. You are that important to me.
Don’t blame yourself for not being there more. There’s nothing you could or can do. That’s life. We just have to try a little harder even though we might not know how.
I’m going to go on a little shopping blitz with Mingyang tomorrow to get the random stuff that I wanted to get from Singapore. No point sitting on a thousand SGD when you’ve got two days to spend it. Might as well go get some decent reading material while you’re at it.
Hopefully I can have that long talk with Edward later tomorrow evening. Meet Poon for dinner, maybe. Angeline mentioned lunch on Sunday, and I need to meet Amelia to pass her the cheese she left at mine. Other than that, the rest of church doesn’t really need to know that I’m around.
I just wish I could just hold Char right now and say that everything’s going to be alright.
1 comment:
YOU, Christopher Peter Kwok, are a super crazy nutcase! You didn't have to come back, you know??? Your holiday quite wasted la!!!!
And I love you oh so very much for it.
*hugs*
Post a Comment