Saturday, 1 December 2007

For the life of me, I cannot remember.

I’ve bought the papers to plow through the job advertisements, but I’ve been putting it off. Don’t quite feel ‘done’ yet. I want to finish up school if I may.

Other than that, it’s been a good two weeks. Things have been happening, words have been spoken, food’s been eaten, wine’s been drunk, laughter’s been shared, and friends have come and gone.

Work’s been cut down at the bottle shop this week, which is good. My ex-thesis supervisor has asked me to fill a research assistant role for a few days over the next two weeks. Should be interesting. Hopefully I’ll still be there next year. Tutoring sounds like a decent part-time job.

My ideal situation would be to tutor part-time for about two days a week, and do some other part-time work like case work or even manning a telephone hotline counseling service (for experience). If time permits I can even pull a shift in the evenings at the bottle shop. A 35-40 hour week at three jobs sounds like something I can handle.

One thing I’ve found is that even the smallest thing, or person, can make a huge impact in my life. It’s going to be a strange summer: most of my friends have gone (or are going) and it’s just the handful in Perth. Strangely, somehow I’m not too flustered about that. I’m actually… happy.

Strangely, the Verve Pipe's Freshmen is stuck in my head, and for the life of me I can't remember why.

No comments: