Sunday, 9 December 2007

Idiocy.

There is something about the exuberance of disclosure, especially when you’re initially in a relationship, that makes my mind turn off the tact filter. I forget to think. Then I say things – or report what other people have said – that aren’t representative of how I feel. Then I end up accidentally hurting someone.

Sometimes I feel a little uncomfortable in my own skin, especially around certain groups of people. Almost as if I have to behave in one fashion, or say things in a certain way, or humour certain idiosyncrasies. And then I end up saying the wrong thing to the wrong people in the wrong way.

I find it’s hard to be both a boyfriend and ‘one of the guys’ at the same time.

I don’t want to hurt you. I don’t like to see you sad, or upset, or worried. I just wish you were happy, and I’d do anything to see you smile.

No comments: