Introductions.
Sometimes it’s hard when you try and be forgiving or understanding, mainly because people who piss you off just carry on doing it without any realisation that they are pissing you off. Some people just bring you to the end of the line, and despite inundating them with hints and warnings and God knows what else, they continually persist in crossing the line. People. Continually. Disappoint.
That said; every roiling thundercloud has some measure of bluer skies.
I went with Char and some of her friends to the anime convention on Sunday. Yes, I do know I’m out of my depth and probably more at home discussing Magneto than manga, but it’s an interesting way to spend a lazy, semi-dreary Sunday. I have since discovered two things: (1) people will go through all kinds of lengths to do some things, and (2) lesbians abound.
Got invited over for dinner at Mel’s place, which was really nice, both food-wise and company-wise. It somehow feels almost domestic in that casual sense. Dinner at a friend’s place, random conversation, a little wine, the typical Chinese paiseh-ness coming to the fore… It makes me wonder about some things. What the future holds, maybe.
Work has been bothersome, and that bottleshop job is starting to aggravate me more with each passing shift. The sheer volume of work and its unending nature, plus the sheer amount of repetition and mind-numbing inanity of it. Grossing over a hundred thousand dollars in sales in a single day means a lot more work than it actually appears.
Plus it is a dead-end job that has served its purpose of keeping me fed through school. I like the people, but there’s no future in this, and I want out. Maybe come March, which is more or less when I anticipate getting that ‘real job’.
Oh, and I’ve met Char’s grandmother. The gradual introduction of the boyfriend to the clan has begun. Dare I say I’m feeling nervous?
No comments:
Post a Comment