Time and space.
There’s this odd feeling. Like I’ve been in a relationship for a long time, even though it has been brief. Something about that closeness that's always been there. I don’t quite understand it myself. The weird thing about this is how fast it moves. It feels like a natural progression and it feels right, but temporally, it is rather fast.
W. Somerset Maugham once wrote, “I don’t think of the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.”
For the precise moment of now, I’m just very happy.
Thing is, I haven’t quite felt this way about anyone in a very long time. I don’t want to gush, but she completes me. I spend a day away from her and already I miss her. Her touch. Her skin. Her smell. Her silly lameness. Her cute little expressions. Her wit. Her verbal pokes. The banter. The comfortable silences...
I don’t really consider myself one to fall head over heels, but I’ve really done so with Char. Then again, I’m worried that it might be all too much too soon. Like I’ve said earlier, this is a relationship that I really hope works out. I want it to work out far more than anything else I’ve ever been in.
I hope and pray I don’t screw things up.
Henry David Thoreau once wrote, "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
1 comment:
Succinct yet touching. Do you know how she feels about you?
Post a Comment