Saturday, 23 June 2007

I love my friends.

This was the most eventful wasted Friday ever.

So I get up at 11:00 and give Charmaine a call. Oh, guess what, she’s asleep and is feeling lazy. So never mind and I putter around the house for a while. Eventually pop into the chaplaincy at 13:30 or thereabouts with lunch from Hide’s (if that’s how you anglianise the fellow’s name) and some random snack stuff. Eat a quarter of a chicken karage, then pop off to see Paul and pretend that I haven’t been procrastinating about my thesis while receiving 158 copies of the survey to enter into SPSS.

(On a side note, I have a grand total of 92,890 variables to hopefully enter in by Friday, good luck, Chris!)

So I rock back to the chap to finish lunch. Then end up popping over to the Social Sciences building to be Sarah’s unwilling and unsuspecting test subject. Watch Sarah fumble around a bit trying to get the keys to the room and setting up the computer, while I fiddle around with the mounted video cameras. Then I sit through 45 minutes of eye-pain inducing computer testing to judge for words versus non-words. Mind numbingly simple but these dumb fingers keep on jabbing the response keys before the word has fully registered in the bear of little brain’s non-existent brain. Then I realise that I’m being watched through the camera. Big Brother is watching! Run away!

(Meanwhile Sarah polishes off my box of Arnott’s Pizza Shapes)

Back to the chaplaincy. We sit around and while away time while Chris scrambles frantically to find his video game CD, which he can’t find. And later discovers to his horror that the computer can’t install Divx, meaning Chris can’t watch crap on it either. Two beers and some conversation later, Chris and Sarah start looking for the saddest songs we can find on YouTube. We conclude, Lifehouse’s ‘Everything’ set to scenes from The Notebook tug on the heartstrings the most. Congratulations Chris, you’ve been Notebooked again. Voluntarily.

Trudge through the rain with a bloody 15-kilo box of survey papers. Not fun.

Then comes the funniest, lamest, stupidest series of MSN conversations ever. (Will post soon).

So eventually I go to sleep circa 3:00 after suddenly deciding to watch a few episodes of the first season of One Tree Hill, I’m suddenly reminded why I love this show so much. Note to self: infect Sarah with OTH.

No comments: