Saturday, 19 May 2007

Talk is cheap, the gift of time is priceless

I stand amazed at providence.

Today I had great difficulty rounding up the Chinese persons required to do my questionnaire, and giving out flyers was a royal pain in the arse. Heading into my session window assuming that I would get a poor turn out, I had, in fact, the largest single turn out for any single session bar none.

My sincerest thanks to Dave, who brought down a huge bunch of friends, some of which rocked up on Wednesday. And also to the girl who rocked up for Thursday’s session and volunteered to help me drop some flyers off in mailboxes in the Student Village (sadly, I do not know her name). Again I’m reminded that there are people out there who do good things for no reward, other than to give someone else a hand. Consider my faith in the human race somewhat restored.

My last few days have really been days for conversation. On Wednesday I skipped class (sorry Tim, you are sadly are a rather boring lecturer) and ended up spending the rest of the day until 12:40am studying, chatting, discussing things and doing PSY411 exam questions. I think that was really the longest single amount of time I’ve spent with Sarah so far this year, and I’d almost forgotten how much I enjoy hanging out with her.

Sarah, if you’re reading this, we should seriously get together to study more often, I think we pretty much nailed two whole essay questions while talking about nothing.

Thursday was spent mostly talking to Cathryn about our respective theses, in two separate conversations 3 hours apart no less! She also introduced me to a friend who graciously offered to pass on information about my questionnaires to her church group. Had a long online conversation with Charmaine (which does seem to be getting into a habit lately) and Sarah, before calling Pam for about two hours worth of catching up.

Friday, besides the amazing session turnout, was spent having two rather long conversations with Charmaine (thanks for the lift, by the way), I was supposed to have a chat with Daryl too, but ended up talking to Chang about his thesis questionnaire and Anne Pedersen’s odd survey related eccentricities. Went out with Brendyn and Sarah who just popped over from Singapore for a brief holiday (they’re sleeping in the guest room as I type) and yeah, its all good.

Maybe I’m just a tad too fond of my own voice, but I love having the opportunity to spend time and just have conversations with people.

Incidentally, Eva rocked up for my survey today, and I completely didn’t realise who she was except that she did look a tad familiar. Turns out she was at Angel’s party about a month back and I was actually chatting with her and playing cards. Wow.

I should really get to my assignments.

No comments: