Sunday, 29 April 2007

With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept

Good God, I’m tired. A strange combination of work and alcohol and school assignments looming overhead threatening to pounce. The forehead is vaguely warm and I spent the better half of this morning in an intimate soirée with the toilet bowl, where I was reintroduced to friends long gone, namely dinner, drinks, gastric fluid and bile. As of this moment I’m short a bottle of Absinth, half a bottle of Jack Daniels, and a few random beers. No green fairies or a scantily clad Kylie Minogue (The soul curdles in abject horror) yet, but, never again? You bet. I am also now the proud possessor of a 4 minute video which will be highly embarrassing for someone should anyone see it. For the sake of her sanity and my neck, which I had gotten oddly attached to over the years, I've only emailed it to everyone on my mailing list.

I hope no one actually believed that quip right there. I'm a more decent fellow than that. Besides, leverage for blackmail is always good.

I need a long hot soak in a hot tub and soft jazzy music. I need a box of aspirins. I need a long massage. I need to get my damn work done up.

I’ve just got back from a little MUCC meeting, I’d forgotten how draining these kind of things can be. I have no clever words as my wit has apparently deserted me for a quick holiday in the Bahamas where it's probably sipping a Mojito, watching the sun set and hooking up with some amazingly hot beach bunny (my wit doesn't need a holiday, I do, damnit!). Honestly, with the current state of exhaustion, it’s not hard to imagine why I am suddenly stricken speechless. I could attempt to wax lyrical right now, but I think I’ll let someone else enunciate the words which I’m trying to sum up in my presumptuous, hubris laden little way.

Word of God, Speak
MercyMe

I'm finding myself, at a loss for words
And the funny thing is, it's okay
The last thing I need, is to be heard
But to hear, what You would say

Chorus:
Word of God speak; would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see, Your majesty
To be still and know, that You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest, in Your holiness
Word of God, speak

I'm finding myself, in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need, is to be with You
And in the quiet, hear Your voice

No comments: